Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy provides you with information about:
- what personal data we collect;
- how we use your data;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2018
This site is operated by Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited, 71–75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ registered in England and Wales under company number 9170781.
Information Commissioner’s Office
As we only process your data for our core business, we do not currently need to be registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) However, we believe that it is important that we apply the same rules and standards with regards to collection and processing of your data as if we were required to register with the ICO.
What personal data we collect
‘Personal information’ means any information relating to an individual, which can identify them; either directly or indirectly. It can refer, amongst other things, to an identification number, or to one or more specific identifying pieces of information, such as an address or date of birth.
When you do any of these:
- Request an estimate;
- Request a quote;
- Place an order;
- Correspond with us, whether by phone, or email
- When you browse our website.
Then, we may collect your personal information, including:
- Company details: Business name, job title.
- Contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- Property details relevant to your enquiry and installation i.e. build type;
- Purchases and orders made by you and quotes and estimates requested;
- Your correspondence and communications with Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited ; and
- Technical information about how you access and use our websites, including your IP address browser type and operating system. For further information about the use of your IP address and technical information please see our cookies policy.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
How we use your data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Provision of an estimate and quote;
- Fulfilment of an order;
- Internal record keeping;
- To contact you electronically with advice relevant to your project
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to applying for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited do not engage in any direct marketing.
Legal basis for Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited processing personal data
Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- Complying with our legal obligations.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited, including:
- Selling and supplying services to our customers;
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
– preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
– handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
– protecting Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited ,its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited;
– effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited; and
– fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Sharing data with third parties
Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
- Companies you have directly asked us in writing to share information with, i.e. your heating engineer, we will only share specific project information.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these websites’ privacy policies before you submit any personal information to them.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Different retention periods apply for different types of data:
– for the purposes of HMRC compliance we are required to financial records for 6 years;
– we will keep data pertaining to heat loss calculations for 6 years;
– we will keep data pertaining to ground loop heat exchanger designs for 20 years (the expected lifetime of the ground source heat pump installation) to enable responses in the event of a system failure or installation query.
How we protect your data
Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
- Security controls which protect the entire Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
– the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
If you have any questions about how Microgeneration Consultancy Services Limited uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
Phone us on: 07823555459;
E-mail us at: darren Darren@MicrogenerationConsultancy.uk;